OK, it’s been over a year since i’ve done a sober photography project! to participate, you can be a photographer, or a painter or a drawer… Time to dust off the camera, and get ready to photograph, draw or paint something lovely…
If you’re new to the blog, you can learn more about the idea of having a sober hobby here. See the results from previous projects here.
This is open for anybody, you don’t have to be a fancy ass photographer. No inner critic allowed. Are you ready?
Assignment #24 … Yellow
Take a picture of something bright yellow. There is yellow all around you but you don’t notice.
- DEADLINE: Saturday, May 7th @ 12 noon Eastern. Yes, a short deadline. The longer the deadline, the more likely we are to procrastinate, oui?
- The format is open: for photos, you can use your camera phone or a nice camera. For drawings, paintings, just take a picture (or scan) and email to me.
- The project must be original, and produced AFTER the assignment is received (like, no going through past pictures taken, it has to be new).
- If you suck at photo adjustments or cropping, send it anyway with a note that you’d like me to adjust.
- Send as LARGE a file size as you can manage (up to 12MB per image). Don’t reduce for size. the bigger the better.
- Um, you have to be sober …
- One entry per person per assignment (think of the size of my inbox!)
NOTE: Find something and take a picture. It’ll turn out better than you think it will. This is a fun project, you remember fun right? I learned all about fun by doing this with Christina.
Here’s an example of a yellow photo to get you started. I took this one on my run last week.