Hi there, so it’s end of January. Seems like a good day to have a look back on where we’ve been, to see if it’s leading to where we want to go (how’s that for a confusing sentence!).
The goal for the #100DaySoberChallenge is continuous days sober. in the comments, you can say what is the longest stretch of continuous days you’ve had in January. Maybe your longest sober stretch was 7 days continuously, or 18, or you’re working on today as the 31st continuous day.
In order to create a safe space here, i’ll make some general recommendations that you can think about before you post:
- Enter your continuous days sober for January 2023 (not your total days if you’ve been sober longer). this helps to create a more inclusive environment when we have a smaller focus on just january for now.
- Make an effort to use positive (or neutral) language. You can say “I’ve had 6 continuous days in January” versus “I’m on day 5 again.” I’ll edit out the word ‘again’ if you post that (!)
- Leave out mentions of specific kinds of alcohol, types, brands, and colours. if you mention that you miss booze, that’s fine. if you say ‘i miss a clear glass of blah blah’ i’ll very kindly remove the entire comment.
- Start a new comment and talk about YOU, rather than commenting on other person’s share. When we read about other people we feel less alone; it helps more than “you got this” from a stranger. and often when we comment on each other’s posts, someone is left out, some comments get more likes, etc.
- Put in a screen name when it asks for your ‘name’ and just a reminder that email addresses are NOT displayed (EVER). i also approve every comment before it is posted 🙂
ok, i’ll start …
I have been alcohol free since 1 January, so 39 days. I can’t believe I can write that!
31 days sober in January!
It was hard work but I did it!
I did 23 AF days in January.
I’m sad I couldn’t do the full 31.
I am back at it though.
This is harder than I ever thought.
Thank you Belle
AF in 2023! 31 continuous days for me. Anxiety has decreased. Sleeping better. Free from waking up with feelings of guilt, disappointment, and shame in the mornings. Taking it day by day. Glad to be participating in this challenge. I look forward to the daily emails. Thank you 😊
I did 31 AF days.
in the past I could manage 2 days AF max.
days 1 to 4 were the hardest.
I don’t think of alcohol very much anymore.
I think of all the things I couldn’t do while drinking.
I’m so grateful to have these free emails from Belle.
31 continuous days sober! Being part of this challenge definitely helped in the moments I felt weak. I started talking back to my Wolfie. I hadn’t realized he was there and had been running my decision making until Belle helped me see him.
31 days continuous sobriety in 2023 including a weekend getaway with boozy friends. Yay for tonic and lime, sober treats and a pot of tea!
31 days sober in January and committed to continuing in February. This includes a current business trip which I dreaded as all my colleagues drink every evening ‘to socialize’. I’m doing all I need to do to protect my sobriety as nothing is more important to me! I probably seem anti-social but it’s what I need to do right now.
January 31st was 31 days continuously sober.
It’s such a great feeling.
Day 100 is April 10th and I’m so looking forward to the journey towards that date!
31 days in January including sober business trip to New York and sober birthday! Saying it’s dry January makes it easier. Figuring out what to say about February!
DAY #31!!!!! I am so thankful, experienced an spirtual awakening and plan on doing this sobriety life!! It is DEFINITELY the easier way!!