Hi there, happy July 31st! Here we are at the end of July and so this seems like a good day to have a look back on where we’ve been, to see if it’s leading to where we want to go. Like, can you ‘get what you want’ by doing what you’ve been doing?
The goal for the #DryJuly is continuous days sober. In the comments below, you can say what is the longest stretch of continuous days you’ve had so far IN JULY. Maybe your longest sober stretch is 7 days continuously, or you’re on day 31 today for July …
In order to create a safe space here, i’ll make some general recommendations that you can think about before you post:
- Enter your continuous days sober for July 2020 (not your total days if you’ve been sober longer). this helps to create a more inclusive environment.
- Start a new comment and talk about YOU, rather than commenting on other person’s share. When we read your story we feel less alone.
- Make an effort to use positive (or neutral) language. You can say “I’ve had 6 continuous days in February” versus “I’m on day 5 again.” I’ll edit out the word ‘again’ if you post that (!)
- Leave out mentions of specific kinds of alcohol, types, brands, and colours. if you mention that you miss booze, that’s fine. if you say ‘i miss a clear glass of blah blah’ i’ll very kindly remove the entire comment.
- Put in a screen name when it asks for your ‘name’ and just a reminder that email addresses are NOT displayed (EVER). i also approve every comment before it is posted 🙂
ok, i’ll start …