Time for a new photography project! You can be a photographer, or a painter or a drawer… So time to dust off the camera, and get ready to photograph, draw or paint something lovely…
If you’re new to the blog, you can learn more about the idea of having a sober hobby here. See the results from previous projects here.
This is open for anybody, you don’t have to be a fancy ass photographer. No inner critic allowed. Are you ready?
Assignment #12 … Christmas (or holiday season)
Take a picture of your Christmas tree, your creche, your window lights, your candles. Anything that is holiday-themed. Even a store display.
- DEADLINE: Sunday, December 22 @ 12 noon Eastern. Yes, a short deadline. The longer the deadline, the more likely we are to procrastinate, oui?
- The format is open: for photos, you can use your camera phone or a nice camera. For drawings, paintings, just take a picture (or scan) and email to me.
- The project must be original, and produced AFTER the assignment is received (like, no going through past pictures taken, it has to be new).
- If you suck at photo adjustments or cropping, send it anyway with a note that you’d like me to adjust.
- Send as LARGE a file size as you can manage (up to 12MB per image). Don’t reduce for size. the bigger the better.
- Um, you have to be sober …
- One entry per person per assignment (think of the size of my inbox!)
NOTE: Find something and take a picture. It’ll turn out better than you think it will. This is a fun project, you remember fun right? I learned all about fun by doing this with Christina.
Here’s a sample from BlueH2OGirl to get you going.
Since Genius Bar reinstalled my operating system and dropped back a couple updates the camera and computer won’t talk to one another. So I bought a Chrome Book where everything floats high above or below us in a cloud of unicorn snot or coal dust. Can’t tell when I wipe them off; it all looks the same to me. So I’ll try this photo thing and see what comes up.
now where’s that dang camera amidst this profusion of holiday stuff ?~!
Blinding Idea Belle and I just lurrrrrve having a nosey at other people’s trees!
Makes me feel all warm and nice : ) for once I’m noticing all the intricate detailing on my own lovely little tree.
Being sober ROCKS !!!
Merry Christmas to all
This is exactly what I need to occupy my First AF Friday. I was wondering what to do with myself. Now I know. I’m going to spend a hour or so making a gingerbread house with my children and then I’m going to blow the dust off my camera and have some fun with it. Thank you for the life-line.
Great idea! I love it. Just a quick note to let you know all is well since we last spoke. I hit day 30 yesterday, and when I fall asleep tonight it will be 31. My oh my how time flies. It’s been a great first month, and I look forward to many more.
From: Tired of Thinking About Drinking Reply-To: Tired of Thinking About Drinking Date: Monday, December 16, 2013 2:37 PM To: Joshua Keefe Subject: [New post] Sober Photography (or Art) Project: Assignment #11
WordPress.com Belle posted: “Time for a new photography project! You can be a photographer, or a painter or a drawer… So time to dust off the camera, and get ready to photograph, draw or paint something lovely… If you’re new to the blog, you can learn more about the idea of ha”
Way to go Josh!! I’m just 1 day behind you. Yes it seems like it went by fast. But it was rough in the first 2 weeks & now is much easier. I wish you all the best & you’re awesome!!