Time for a new photography project! You can be a photographer, or a painter or a drawer… So time to dust off the camera, and get ready to photograph, draw or paint something lovely…
This is open for anybody, you don’t have to be a fancy ass photographer. No inner critic allowed. Are you ready?
Assignment #22 … Sky Blue
Take 2 or 3 pictures of things that you see in your daily life that are sky blue.
You might think you don’t see very much sky blue on a given day. But with open eyes, you’ll find lots. Only once you start to look will you realize it’s everywhere … on your way to work, on public transit, in a store window, on the book shelf. I’ll take your images and put them into one frame. Send all of your (1 or 2 or 3) images at once, attached to one email.
Example of Sky Blue (http://www.colorcombos.com/colors/336699)
- DEADLINE: Saturday, February 21 @ 12 noon Eastern. Yes, a short deadline. The longer the deadline, the more likely we are to procrastinate, oui?
- The format is open: for photos, you can use your camera phone or a nice camera. For drawings, paintings, just take a picture (or scan) and email to me.
- The project must be original, and produced AFTER the assignment is received (like, no going through past pictures taken, it has to be new).
- If you suck at photo adjustments or cropping, send it anyway with a note that you’d like me to adjust.
- Send as LARGE a file size as you can manage (up to 12MB per image). Don’t reduce for size. the bigger the better.
- Um, you have to be sober …
- One entry per person per assignment (think of the size of my inbox!)
NOTE: Find something and take a picture. It’ll turn out better than you think it will. This is a fun project, you remember fun right? I learned all about fun by doing this with Christina.
Here’s a sample sky blue picture from our recent trip to Portugal to get you going. Of course, you don’t have to take a picture of the SKY. you can find sky blue in clothes, buildings, signs, books …