anonymous confession booth 2
I’ve done this before. I’d like to do it again.
For one day only, i’m creating an anonymous sober confession booth. You may have often felt: “i wish that i could tell someone ‘this’ story” — you know, the story that was swirling around in your head. that you can’t really share with anyone.
we don’t usually tell our shitty stores. Personally, I hate dwelling in the past — unnecessarily. Yes, sometimes we have to excavate. But i don’t want to wallow. And there’s a very fine line between the two.
So here’s the deal.
1. Post a comment below. This is primarily for members who are new and didn’t participate the last time I did this.
2. For this to work you MUST leave your name and your email and your website address BLANK in the comments form (if you forget, i’ll go in and delete that info manually). all comments are to be anonymous. one of the comments will be from me, you just won’t know which one.
3. I have no way of personally knowing who posts what. Promise.
4. In your comment, write two or three sentences (max.) about something that you’d like to be forgiven for that happened to you, or that you did, because of alcohol. For example, i’ll make one up: “i crashed my mother’s car while drinking but claimed it was a hit and run.”
5. Then take a second and post ONE anonymous ‘reply’ to one of the other comments already posted, and say something comforting, consoling, forgiving, kind.
i have a feeling that this will unfold in a lovely way. because you’re all lovely people. and we all have alcohol-related secrets. what’s yours?
PS. if your name/email automatically shows up when you start to enter a comment, you can manually delete them OR you can ‘log out’ of your blogging profile.