Time for a new photography project. And based on all the emails i’m getting, i know there are sober photographers out there. And also sober painters, and sober drawers… So for this project, you can draw or paint or photograph, your choice.
This is open for anybody, you don’t have to be a fancy ass photographer. No inner critic allowed. Are you ready?
Assignment #9 … Toothbrush Portrait
You’ll need 1-2 toothbrushes, some toothpaste, and a glass (or jar). You can arrange the items however you want.
Photos must be taken with natural light only … no camera flash, and be sure to turn off the overhead lights. Natural light only. You can position your items near a window to get brighter light if you need it. Or you can take your stuff outside… Also, move in close to the subject so that there isn’t a lot of space around the items you’re photographing.
- DEADLINE: Saturday, August 31 @ 12 noon Eastern.
- The format is open: for photos, you can use your camera phone or a nice camera. For drawings, paintings, just take a picture (or scan) and email to me.
- The project must be original, and taken AFTER the assignment is received (like, no going through past pictures taken, it has to be new).
- If you suck at photo adjustments or cropping, send it anyway with a note that you’d like me to adjust.
- Send as LARGE a file size as you can manage (up to 12MB per image). Don’t reduce for size. the bigger the better.
- Um, you have to be sober …
- One entry per person per assignment (think of the size of my inbox!)
NOTE: Find some toothpaste, the picture. It’ll turn out better than you think it will. This is a fun project, you remember fun right? I learned all about fun by doing this with Christina.
Here’s Christina’s photo to get you started: