Sober Photography Project: Assignment #6
Have you forgotten what your passions are? Maybe you’d like a sober hobby 🙂
Assignment #6: 10 Minutes From Home
For this assignment, you want to walk, bike or drive *exactly* 10 minutes from where you live, and take a picture of something there. No 9 minute or 11 minute trips!
- DEADLINE: Saturday, July 20 @ 12 noon Eastern.
- The format is open: black and white, filters, cropping, all OK. You can use your camera phone or a nice camera.
- The photo must be original, and taken AFTER the assignment is received (like, no going through past pictures taken, it has to be new).
- If you suck at photo adjustments or cropping, send it anyway with a note that you’d like me to adjust.
- Send as LARGE a file size as you can manage (up to 12MB per image). Don’t reduce for size. the bigger the better.
- Um, you have to be sober …
- One entry per person per assignment (think of the size of my inbox!)
Read more about FUN here. And for inspiration, take a look at Christina’s 10-minute photo:
Mary: “I’m enjoying this photography project on both ends: coming up with my own submission but also seeing the ideas that everyone else come up with … It has both given me something to focus on and also makes me pay more attention to things around me.”
Losedabooze: “I think having something to focus on – a project or assignment like this – makes us forget other things (at least it did for me). It allowed me to involved my daughter in it by allowing her to do something fun. It brings me back to days of sobriety when simple things were viewed with clear eyes.”